When an entrepreneur named ……. founded the firm that is now My client back in 1776, he established a legacy that has shaped the world of intellectual property for over 200 years. Today, from its offices in London and Munich, My client is a formidable presence in European intellectual property, acting on behalf of many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Never complacent, we are continually expanding our knowledge and experience by recruiting the brightest people and sharing our knowledge within the firm and throughout the profession.
My client has the largest specialist life sciences group on one site in Europe. We protect some of the most commercially valuable pharma products in the world, and many of our biotech cases form the basis of EPO case law. We are also engaged by some of the world’s pre-eminent technology companies.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves and realise their potential. We recognise that diversity of thought is vital to our business, enabling us to approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Our diversity and inclusion policies and practices are informed through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter.
These steps help to ensure that my client continues to be a supportive and inclusive workplace for our employees, so that we provide the best possible service for our clients. More information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
We promote a healthy work/life balance through our wellbeing programme and encourage employees to actively support and positively impact our local communities. These include our partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and ……… Community Association. We are also dedicated to reducing the impact of our operations on the environment and creating a sustainable workplace.
All our social activities, networks and groups come together to make My client a truly supportive and healthy workplace.
What you can expect as our Infrastructure Manager:
The Firm is currently going through a very exciting period of change and transformation and as a result the successful candidate must show a strong understanding of infrastructure services, cloud migration experience and excellent Windows knowledge. You will lead the infrastructure team, delivering and maintaining IT infrastructure and security technology services and operations. You will have direct line management responsibility of the infrastructure team, covering storage, servers and virtualisation, networks, security, and telephony – using your excellent leadership skills to inspire the team to provide reliable, available, secure, scalable technology solutions, outstanding customer service, and ensure suitable processes and policies are in place to meet the needs of the Firm.
You will demonstrate a structured approach to developing architectures, designs and strategies, and strong technical awareness across all infrastructure areas. You will be actively involved in projects, both planning, management and delivery as well as managing the capability for business continuity and disaster recovery.
You will be accountable for the quality of service and performance of the team including the delivery of services within relevant SLAs and KPIs and acting as an internal escalation point for operational or security incidents.
You will also be required to demonstrate strong analysis and project management skills, to gather and define requirements, manage small technology projects and BAU initiatives, and participate in large projects in various capacities.
You will have proven experience in a similar role.
This role reports to the Director of Technology & Innovation.
· Ensuring IS&T infrastructure is robust and reliable, meeting defined internal targets
· Designing and implementing technical solutions (including cloud solutions)
· Managing projects, implementing new initiatives, and introducing new technologies
· Maintenance and monitoring of existing systems
· Managing and executing preventative maintenance plans
· 3rd line support for escalated technical issues
· Troubleshooting malfunctions of server and network hardware and software
· Ensuring robust DR and BC policies are adhered to
· Managing suppliers and vendors and ensuring that they meet defined SLA’s
· Problem analysis and resolution as required
· On-going ownership and management of the IT Change Management process
· Management of MS Licence agreements
· Ownership of complete asset inventory (servers, switches, laptops, software etc.)
· Management of infrastructure encryption keys and certificates
· Developing, implementing and monitoring security controls for the protection of the firm’s information assets
· Risk treatment/action plans – creating, updating and implementing changes
· Attending information security audits and building related risk treatment and continual improvement plans
· Responsible for continual security improvements and re-certification to ISO27001
· Reinforcing a team culture that encourages collaboration, originality, ownership, fulfilment and individuality, in line with the Firm’s values
· Mentoring and identifying training opportunities to develop team members in their career and role
· Addressing instances of poor performance and/or conduct (e.g. time keeping, inappropriate behaviour, failure to follow agreed procedures/processes)
· Maintaining the teams operational running including shift patterns and reviewing the daily, weekly and monthly performance results for the team
· Leading the IT infrastructure team through regular team meetings, 1-2-1’s and providing input to appraisals and personal development plans
· Prioritise relevant activity within the team in order to achieve service level targets
· Support other members of the IS&T team
· General IS&T support
· Installation of new hardware and software
· Maintenance of existing hardware and software
· Recommend enhancements of current configuration, tools, and technologies in use
· Any other tasks deemed reasonable
Key skills, experience & qualifications:
· Stakeholder management
· Team management and development
· Project management
· SAAS and IAAS services
· Microsoft 365 administration & configuration
· InTune / Microsoft SCCM / PowerShell
· Windows server 2012 and above
· SharePoint 2013
· AD, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
· Exchange server 2019 / Exchange Online / Mimecast
· Antivirus (Sophos)
· Veeam & Rubrik Backup Solutions
· VMWare / Hyper-V
· SAN Technology
· Palo Alto firewall solutions
· HP Server hardware
· Patching and maintenance
· ITIL framework
· Ability to learn and retain new information
· Legal background
· ITIL Foundation
· Ability to work on own initiative with minimal guidance. Self-starter and motivated
· Ability to plan and organise activities/workloads to ensure that deadlines and expectations are met
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
· Ability to build internal and external relationships
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Positive and proactive approach
· Technical background
· Attention to detail