Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead the packaging, configuration and deployment of IT&R software components within the Continuous Integration Environment (CIE), to enable emulation of system elements for future UK management of cryptographic devices and keys in an integrated ‘system-of-systems’ context. Lead the development and execution of test scripts as required to conduct experiments using the deployed software components, working with the Technical Lead and Software Design Authority to understand the experiment objectives and determine how these can best be met.
What do I need?
You’ll need to hold a degree in Computer science or engineering subject or demonstrable equivalent experience; Knowledge and experience of the initiatives that develop and facilitate the infrastructure and tooling and have a release engineering mindset to engage in and improve the life-cycle of services through deployment, operation and refinement.
Experience in the majority of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential:
- Hold or be eligible for SC clearance – is a must
- experience of software deployment in a virtual environment
- understanding of continuous integration and test in an Agile project
- competent at scripting for packaging, deployment, integration and test
- basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- good experience with Linux administration
- experience with VMWare VSphere or similar virtual platform
- .deb packaging
- git / github
Lastly, you’ll be able to demonstrate good communication skills as you’ll be leading a team and influencing key stakeholders.