Senior Sales Manager – Cyber Intelligence Solutions
You will provide focus and orders delivery, primarily aligned with the Cyber Intelligence Solutions Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) within the Cyber & Information (C&I) Business Unit. The Senior Sales Manager will own the delivery of a proportion of the orders target ascribed to IDT and be responsible to the Head of Sales for growth through strong customer relationships, understanding the customer/market needs (Customer & Stakeholder engagement), helping to develop the IDT strategy and closing orders. They will provide engagement with customers and be able to form strong business/resource relationships operating in a matrix environment.
The post holder will be responsible for the sales management across the IDT as well as taking direct ownership for the assigned portfolio of sales opportunities.
The Senior Sales Manager will also need to work closely with colleagues across the Global Business Winning team to support the development of cross cutting sales propositions.
The areas of focus for the IDT are around:
- Further developing opportunities with our strategic customers – UK Government and Defence focused around requirements for Enabling Digital Resilience and Crypt-Key.
- Growing our presence in adjacent UK MoD markets such as DE&S, StartCom and wider Defence Digital.
- Position us to expand our offerings into wider UK Government Agencies
- Developing a Test and Evaluation value proposition to our strategic customers
Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in one of more of these areas is perquisite for this challenging role, with recent experience in the Crypt-Key Enterprise space a distinct advantage.
- Sales management across the assigned portfolio within the IDT, including ensuring that processes are followed effectively in terms of opportunity triage, Decision Point reviews, delivery within allocated business winning budgets and accuracy of pipeline data and associated forecasts.
- To manage internal and external stakeholders, including where appropriate supporting the development and ongoing management of key customer Accounts and B2B relationships. Including the development, management and execution of the Cyber Intelligence Solutions IDT Customer Engagement Plan.
- Identify, develop and close new business sales.
- Leadership and progression of a personal portfolio of opportunities. Personal order intake target would typically be in the range £5-10m pa.
- Works collaboratively with wider sales teams to support cross sales team initiatives including where appropriate support to the Global Campaigns and Domain Strategies.
- Ensures that their own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams, including coaching and mentoring of the IDT Project Management colleagues to maximise the sales potential through change orders and existing contract plus ups.
- To demonstrate high value selling in all opportunities and activities.
- Development and delivery of the sales pipeline growth.
- To influence decisions through sound advice and judgement.
- Accurate forecasting and delivery of target.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legal and processes, with auditable visibility.
- Support increasing use of CRM within the team and across the wider business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous demonstrable experience in a one or more of the focus areas for the IDT, including adjacent markets such as those serviced by the High Assurance UK body.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles.
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of compelling proposals and bids.
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies.
- Ability to effectively negotiate both internally and externally.
- Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products offered at Business Unit level as well as a good understanding of company-wide capability.
- Skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
- Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the defence & national security industry – knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the Cyber Intelligence Solutions market is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of other functional disciplines related to selling (e.g. finance).