DSP FPGA Design Engineer
The DSP/FPGA Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing FPGA-based digital signal processing solutions for Radar RCS measurement system. Working as part of a high calibre Software/RF System On Chip team, you will be involved in all phases of projects and additional engineering tasks.
DSP-FPGA Design Engineers implement complex system algorithms and interface in Model Based Environment for Radar Systems. We are seeking an expert in the implications of using model-based design within this framework, who will undertake a pro-active role in ensuring that work products that are exchanged with the Software lifecycle are of a mutually agreeable format, and if it is intended to take credit for a model-based artefact, that it is developed in accordance with the [D)-331] supplement.
- Implement complex system algorithms and interfaces in Model Based Environments for RCS measurements system. Applicable project span all levels of maturity from initial concept generation through design, prototype, development, test and transition to production.
- Develop requirements and budgets for signal processing functions
- Support system & FPGA simulations, implementations, and verification (In Matlab-Simulink)
- Implement DSP algorithms for FPGA (Xilinx) structures
- Provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and guidance for bringing new technology to market.
- Communicate timely and accurate project status, provide alternative problem resolution ideas.
- Ensuring, in collaboration with Software Lead , the complete set of requirements from which the model is to be developed are captured and managed (this explicitly includes the capture and communication of design constraints , including external interfaces, partitioning requirements etc.
- Contributing directly to the definition of Software architectural constraints considerations, which form an important set of functional requirements allocated to the model.
- Ensuring that any Software verification activities performed by the Systems life cycle processes within the model are provided into the Software Life cycle process in a manner that has satisfied the DO178C objectives.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Design with architecting and implementing Digital Signal processing systems, Functions and FPGA design experience using VHDL or Verilog;
- FPGA design experience with synthesis, timing analysis and verification;
- Experience with Modelsim, Matlab/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, Git and development tools;
- Detailed knowledge of implementing Filters, FFTs , etc, design structures;
- British National or Dual British National, willing and able to attain MOD SC level clearance
- Working knowledge at both simulation level (Matlab/Simulink) as well as the implementation and verification level;
- Familiarity with using oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, logic analysers, etc;
- Literacy with real-time embedded software, especially debugging is advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong background and experience with industry best practices and version control;
- Understanding of RF Systems, specifically Radar or EW.