Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our clients team in MOD Boscombe Down.
We are looking for an individual with knowledge and understanding in the following areas:-
- A good understanding of cable harness construction and installation.
- An appreciation of system design considerations.
- An appreciation of other disciplines E.g. Electrical / Electronics and comfortable working collaboratively with SME’s e.g. Stress / Aerodynamics etc.
- Effective and influential communicator.
- Confident and able decision.
- Customer focussed.
- Motivating, engaging and supportive style.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pressurised environment on complex projects.
- Sound Engineering judgement
- Good understanding of the practices outputs required of their respective team;
- Comfortable interacting with managers of other functional areas and negotiate around project milestones and inputs/outputs between areas;
- Comfortable interacting with project managers and negotiate over hours and materials purchase and project milestones.
- Understanding of Lean 6 Sigma / Agile / SCRUM methodologies an advantage
- Develop deep understanding of the customer requirement;
- Develop design solutions;
- Use of CAD design tools & 3D modelling;
- Produce engineering drawings for manufacture, installation and maintenance;
- Conduct aircraft surveys;
- Preparation of presentations for Design Reviews and meetings;
- Complete tasks to time-scale and budget;
- Delivery of design solutions in line with project •
- Maintenance of records in accordance with local procedures (ISO 9100, DAOS, EASA, ISO 9001).
- Accountable for the delivery of own work allocation as agreed with the team leader.
- Ensuring that all work delivered meets the required standards and specifications.
Qualified engineer to at least HNC/D standard or equivalent engineering experience
Desirable Qualifications: IEng/CEng