Project Control Specialist – Earned Value Management
The primary role of the head of project management capability is to introduce EVM across the company, policies, processes, working instructions, training, tools and templates.
This role will:
- The creation of the EVM capability
- Lead the EVM working group
- Introduce the 5 levels of EVM into projects
- Attend and speak at external conferences
- Define the requirements of a global EVM toolset, and lead on its introduction
- Train Project management staff in best practice EVM techniques
- Lead and or be part of an IBR team
- Attend reviews with the business units
- Run and or be part of deep dives into projects
- Supporting the Programme Directors and the Head of PMO and Delivery to ensure that they have the right EVM capabilities and competencies to deliver the growth strategy.
- Lead the EVM working group
- Own the policies, procedures and tools for EVM
- Introduce LFE across all phases of the delivery lifecycle
- Introduce IBR training across the PM community
- Support the external profile as a professional project organisation.
- Operating and working with the Programme directors in a collaborative manner –
a. Position and align PM capability with strategy, to improve productivity and reduce costs.
b. Lead lunchtime learning sessions
c. Provide thought leadership to explore and challenge existing practice and culture to develop alternative innovative interventions and create an environment of Continuous Improvement (CI).
- Creation and attendance at the special interest groups across PM
- Develop and support EVM specific training needs as requested by the business units.
- Undertake such delegated duties as may be decided by the Programme Director.
- Create the guide to EIA 748
- Support the setup and mobilisation of bids and projects from an EVM perspective
- Leadership; being able to establish the vision and direction for Project Management to influence and align others towards this common purpose, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don’t have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
- Communication; be a leading influence in the delivery of clear and concise communications.
- Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the programme outcomes.
- Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and policy.
- Knowledge of Project management, latest ideas, trends, processes and tools.
- Able to present both internally and externally at conferences, leadership events and channels.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to lead on EVM initiatives
- A background in project delivery management of functional management
- Strong people, stakeholder and influencing skills
- Confident and articulate with well-developed communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Able to quickly establish personal and professional credibility, influence people and drive change
- A creative strategic thinker focused on delivering results.
- Core competencies will include:
a. Attention to Detail, Logical, Flexibility, Professional Image, Pro-Active, Enthusiastic, Conscientious, Customer Centric, Results Driven, Innovative, Engaging
b. In depth knowledge or Project Management skills, capabilities and competencies
c. Working with early careers team to develop and shape the next generation of Project professionals.
d. Coaching and mentoring